The next release from Micromax is a quad core version called the Micromax A116 Canvas HD. The handset is with a 5 inch IPS screen supporting 1280×720 pixels resolution with 16M colors.
The Micromax A116 will run on the Jelly Bean OS (Android 4.1) and will come with 2100 mAh battery. Micromax unveiled these details at the press conference in Delhi, today. The Canvas HD is expected to hit the markets by early Feb 2013.
So all of you waiting for the quad core, it is the MMX A116 for under Rs. 15k (Rs. 14,999 to be precise). The full specifications are not yet revealed but it will come with usually stuffs like Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, usb port and 3.5mm jack.
The RAM and the internal memory are also not known but looking at the price tag it could be 1GB with 4GB internal storage. So watch out of the MMX A116 review as soon as I get hands on it.
Micromax A116 Canvas HD key features and specifications
- Quad core CPU clocked at 1.2GHz.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal and microSD card support.
- 5 inch IPS screen with 1280×720 pixels resolution (293.72 PPI).
- Android JB (4.1).
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash and front camera.
- 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack and micro USB.
- Sensors : G-Sensor, proximity, light.
- 2100 mAh standard battery.
- Price Rs. 14,999.