There is no official word from Micromax regarding the Micromax A100 handset; however Homeshop18 has already listed it on their shopping site for Rs. 9,999. A100 is a dual SIM phone with dual Standby running on Android 4.0.4 (ICS) OS.
The specifications mentioned on the site look similar to Mi-425 except that the capacitive touchscreen display is of 5 inch resolution. It does support dual SIM with 3G (WCDMA / HSDPA) , GPRS and EDGE supported. The battery is 2000mAh with talktime of up to 5 hours and standby time of around 180 hours.
We were expecting a camera of more than 5 megapixels however it just got 5 MP auto focus camera with video recording and that too without any secondary (front facing) camera. The features are similar to the Spice Stellar, just with a bigger screen and a good competitive pricing.
It does seem strange that Homeshop18 has listed this handset even before any official announcement from Micromax. I am not sure if this really is the Micromax A100. The page also clearly mentions that the product is out of stock, which again looks quite suspicious.
Check out the Homeshop18 link and let me know your comments on the same. I have added a screen shot of the product listed on the site – just in case they remove the list, you never know.
Micromax A100 SuperFone Key Features and Specification as listed on the Home Shop 18 website
- CPU unknown, 4GB internal storage (not sure), RAM unknown.
- Android 4.0.4
- Dual SIM + Dual Standby.
- 5 inch capacitive touchscreen with 854×480 pixels resolution.
- 3G, 2G (EDGE/GPRS), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, micro USB, 3.5mm jack, FM, Micro SD support and SNS ready.
- No dual camera just a 5MP camera rear camera.
- Sensors – Accelerometer, G-Sensor.
- Li-ion 2000 mAh battery with ST=180 hours, TT=5 hours.