Another tablet launched by Kobian Company for Rs. 6,499 called the Mercury Mtab7 which runs on Android 4.0 ICS OS with 1.2GHz processing speed. The Processor is single core ARM Cortex A8, but is already outdated by dual core tabs that are ready to hit the Indian markets this month.
As the name says the MTab7 sports a 7 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 800×480 pixels resolution. The memory part is the standard found on other tabs i.e. 512MB RAM and 4gigs of internal storage.
Just like the other low cost tabs the Mercury MTab7 comes with a front camera, HDMI port (which means that the tablet could be the Allwinner A10 model), USB, 3.5mm jack for audio, Wi-Fi and MicroSD slot. 3G is supported via external dongle.
The MTab7 weighs around 300 grams and is similar (in specifications) as compared with the other tablets that are already available in the market like the Xtab A10, Wammy 7, Veedee D10 and many more.
It all started with the Allwinner A10 CPU and now there is the Allwinner A13 without HDMI but with a better benchmark score. However all there are already outdated as the next wave of dual core tabs has already begun.
Mercury Mtab7 Key Features and Specifications
- 1.2GHz ARM Cortext A8 clocked at 1.2 GHz with Mali 400 GPU.
- RAM = 512MB, Internal Storage = 4GB and Micro SD card slot.
- Android 4.0 ICS.
- 7 inch screen with 800×480 pixels resolution.
- Wi-Fi, external 3G, front camera, HDMI, 3.5mm jack, flash 11.1 and USB.
- Battery mAh unknown – expect usage time of around 3 to 4+ hours.
- Price Rs. 6,499 with 1 year warranty.