Lava International is gearing up to launch what they call another blockbuster smartphone called the lava Iris 455. This is a dual core handset with 4.5 inch qHD screen and with a 5MP auto focus camera. The price has not yet been disclosed.
The Iris 455 probably will be cheaper than the Lava Iris 501 that was a good competitor to the Micromax A110. The specifications are nothing new or exciting and everything depends on the price. The handset is 9.9mm thick and weight is around 120 grams.
It is a dual SIM handset running Jelly bean OS. The screen is 4.5 inches with 960×540 pixels resolution with 16M colors. The RAM is 512MB good enough for dual core handsets and the internal storage is 4GB of which less than 2GB is available for users.
There is a 5MP rear auto focus camera with LED flash and a front VGA camera for video chats/ calls. The battery is of 1500 mAh capacity that will give a talktime of over 5 hours. The price as mentioned is not know but it would be nice if it is priced under Rs. 8000.
Lava Iris 455 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- 1GHz Dual core processor (probably MediaTek).
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage (< 2GB for user) and micro SD support up to 32GB.
- 4.5 inch qHD screen – 960×540 pixels resolution ~ 16M colours ~ 244.77ppi.
- 5MP AF primary camera with LED flash + VGA secondary camera.
- 3G, 2G (class 12), Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- Sensors: G-Sensor, light and proximity sensors.
- Standard Li-po 1500mAh battery with 6 hours talktime on 3G and 8 hours on 2G networks.
- Price : Unknown (Estimated Price under Rs. 8K).