So far Micromax A110 is the best dual core handset available, with a 5 inch screen for under Rs. 10k, but with the launch of Intex Aqua 5.0 it will be tough maintaining this position. The Intex Aqua 5.0 comes with good features and with a price tag of Rs. 9,990.
Though the price of Aqua 5.0 is as close as to the A110, the specifications are a little different. For instance the Intex Aqua 5.0 comes with 5MP rear camera and magnetic /light sensor (needs confirmation) where as the A110 comes with 8MP camera without the magnetic / light sensors.
The front side on the Aqua 5.0 shows off four dedicated touch sensitive buttons as compared with the A110 that comes with three. The Aqua 5.0 rear side looks more attractive than the MMX A110. The display resolution is the same at 800×480 pixels over the 5 inch screen.
The Intex Aqua 5.0 is powered by a dual core 1GHz processor, possibly with the same chipset / GPU that the A110 houses. It’s a dual SIM phone running Android ICS (4.0). The RAM is 512MB with 4GB internal storage and micro SD slot.
There is a 5 MP rear auto focus camera with LED flash and a front 1.3MP fixed focus camera. The battery is of 2000 mAh capacity.
Intex Aqua 5.0 key features and specifications
- 1GHz dual core with dual SIM support.
- ICS OS.
- 5 inch capacitive touchscreen with 800 x 480 Pixels resolution.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage and micro SD card slot.
- 5MP rear AF camera with LED flash and a 1.3MP front camera.
- 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, FM radio, micro USB and 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Sensors: G-Sensor, proximity, light and possibly magnetic sensors.
- 2000 mAh battery capacity.
- Price : Around 10K. (The handset is listed on rediff shopping).
Some of the specifications are still not clear and will have to wait for the handset to be listed on the Intex official website or when available online. So what do you think about this handset will it compete with the A110?