Huawei will launch the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite a 7 inch tab with a price tag of Rs. 14,000 in early November. The MediaPad tab will come with an IPS screen, dual cameras and a built in 3G SIM slot.
The MediaPad 7 Lite sails on a 1.2GHz Cortex A8 processor. The disappointing part is that its single core. The Indian markets are already warming up with dual core tablets with Wammy Desire and Wammy Athena already been launched. The single core tablets have little scope, at least for now.
The MediaPad 7 lite does come with decent features like the 7 inch screen with IPS display supporting resolution of 1024×600 pixels, uni-body design, 3.2 MP camera on the rear side and a front VGA (0.3MP) camera.
The RAM is 1GB and internal storage is 4GB. Micro SD card slot can house a single card of up to 32GB. IN addition there is Wi-Fi, built in SIM slot that supports 3G, Bluetooth and GPS. The battery of 4100 mAh should last for about 4 to 5 hours of continuous usage. The tablet runs on the Android 4.0 (ICS) OS.
Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite Key features and Specifications
- 1.2 GHz single core – GPU unknown (Possibly with Mali 400).
- Android 4.0.
- 7 inch capacitive multi touchscreen with 1024×600 pixels resolution.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage and Micro SD card support up to 32GB.
- 3G (via built in SIM, Phone features, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3.5mm jack and micro USB.
- 3.2MP rear and 0.3MP front camera. Cameras are fixed focus.
- 4100 mAh battery.
- Price Rs. 14K.
Karbonn recently announced the Agnee 3G tablet which I believe could compete with the MediaPad.