HCL has now launched the HCL ME Connect 2G 2.0 tablet with built in SIM slot that supports the 2G network with voice functionality support. This single core tablet is priced at Rs. 8,499.
The Connect 2G 2.0 comes powered by 1GHz Cortex A9 single core processor with Mali 400 GPU. The screen is 7 inches supporting resolution of 800×480 pixels. RAM is 1GB and internal storage is 4GB.
There is a2MP rear camera and a front VGA camera. This tablet runs on the Jelly Bean 4.1 OS with local Indian language support. There is built in SIM slot that can house 2G GSM card. You can use this tablet as a phone or for surfing the net using 2G. You can also get 3G access by connecting an external (supported) 3G dongle.
The battery is of 3800 mAh capacity. The price of Rs. 8,499 seem too high and there are some good options like the Etab Connect with built in 3G for around the same price.
HCL ME Connect 2G 2.0 features and specifications
- 2G SIM Slot.
- 1GHz single core cortex A9 processor + Mali 400 GPU.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage and micro SD support up to 32GB.
- 7 inch screen with 800×480 pixels resolution.
- Android 4.1 JB OS.
- 2MP rear camera + VGA front camera.
- 2G, voice, 3G via external dongle, Wi-Fi, micro USB, G-Sensors and 3.5 mm audio jack.
- 3800 mAh battery
- Price Rs. 8,499.