Gionee will soon launch the Gionee Elife E3 a new member in the Elife series by this month end. They have already started talking about the Gionee Elife E3 on their Facebook page. The E3 will be quad core powered handset sporting a 4.8 inch IPS touch screen.
E3 will be just 7.9 mm thick and will come with oil resistant coating. A common issue on many handsets especially those with glossy finishing is the fingerprint, oil / sweat impressing that makes the handset look kind of dirty. The oil resistant coating will reduce the impression made by fingerprint / greasy particles.
The full specifications are not yet clear but this is what we could make out from the Facebook updates. The handset is powered by quad core 1.2GHz (probably MediaTek), its super slim we already know its 7.9mm thick. The IPS screen is 4.7 inches capacitive with coating / nano technology.
The screen resolution will be the same as on the Gionee Dream D1 handset i.e. 1280×720 pixels. The camera probably will be the same of 8MP resolution (rear) with BSI 2 sensor and a 2MP front camera. RAM is 1GB with 16GB internal storage. It is a dual SIM handset with an 1800 mAh battery. E3 will run on Android Jelly Bean OS.
The Gionee E3 handset is expected to hit the Indian markets by end of this month. Some users have told me have already seen the handset in stores. Price is around Rs. 15,000.
Gionee Elife E3 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM / Dual Standby.
- 1.2GHz MediaTek Quad core (cortex A7) + PowerVT SGX GPU.
- 1GB RAM, 16GB storage and micro SD slot.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
- 4.7 inch capacitive IPS screen (on facebook they mentioned as AMOLED) with 16M colours – resolution : 1280×720 pixels (HD).
- 8MP AF BIS camera with LED + front 2MP camera.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro USB, DTS 3D sound, FM radio and 3.5mm jack.
- Sensors: Magnetic, G-sensor, light and proximity sensors.
- 1800 mAh battery.
- Available in White, Blue, Red and Black colours.
- Price approx Rs. 15,000.