Gionee has launched the Gionee CTRL V4 handset that is powered by quad core processor with a 4.5 inch screen. The handset is priced at Rs. 9,999.
The specifications clearly state that the rear camera of 5MP resolution can record HD videos. This means that the quad core is with the MT6589M chipset. It is a low budget quad core handset running Android 4.2 with 512MB RAM and 4Gigs of internal storage.
The Gionee CTRL V4 is 9.7 mm thick. The specs are not really high end. The 4.5 inch screen is with 854×480 pixels resolution, probably good enough for the low powered quad core chipset. The rear camera is 5MP resolution with AF and LED flash. There is a front camera of VGA resolution.
It is a dual SIM handset with dual standby support. Other features are 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack. The battery is of 1800 mAh capacity.
CTRL V4 is priced at Rs. 9,999 which will compete with the Xolo Q700 that comes with nearly the same specs but with better screen resolution (qHD). Gionee recently unveiled the premium Elife E6 with MediaTek turbo processor.
Gionee CTRL V4 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM Dual Standby (GSM+GSM).
- 1.2GHz MediaTek quad core MT6589M processor with PowerVR SGX 544 GPU.
- 4.5 inch screen with FWVGA resolution (854x480p).
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage and external SD card support (32GB).
- 5MP AF rear camera with flash / 0.3MP front camera. HD recording (720p) supported.
- 3G, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, FM radio, GPS with A-GPS, Yamaha PA 168, micro USB port and 3.5mm universal audio jack.
- Sensors: G-Sensor, magnetic, light and proximity sensor.
- 1800 mAh battery.
- Available in White and Black colors.
- Price Rs. 9,999.