Celkon joins the tablet bandwagon and have launched many tablets including the Celkon CT888 tablet for Rs. 7,999. The key features are built in SIM slot with 3G and voice call support.
There are few tablets available in the market with voice call support, however most of the tablets support only the 2G networks and for 3G support you need to connect a dongle. The Celkon CT888 in fact supports 3G SIM cards so 3G is built in and there is no need for an external dongle.
This 7 inch tablet supports 1024×600 pixels resolution on a TFT touch screen. The tab runs on the Android 4.0 (ICS) OS with 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage. There are dual cameras, a front VGA and a rear 2MP fixed focus.
The CT888 includes Wi-Fi, micro SD slot, Bluetooth, Micro USB, 3.5mm jack and even FM Radio. A 3500 mAh battery powers up this tab. The specifications look good and so does the price of Rs.7,999. The lava ETab connect also a 3G tablet is priced at Rs. 8,499.
Celkon CT888 key features and Specifications
- 1.2GHz dual core.
- 7 inch TFT LCD screen with 1024×600 pixels resolution.
- 9.9mm thick and weight is approx 200 grams.
- 2MP rear FF camera and front VGA camera.
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage and microSD support.
- SIM slot with 3G and voice calls support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM radio, Micro USB, 3.5 mm jack and G-sensor.
- 3,500 mAh battery.
- Rs. 7,999. (via Celkon website)