Apple has now launched the iPad Mini a smaller version of the popular iPad 2. The Apple iPad Mini sports a 7.9 inch display and will be available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions. The price tag in India is expected to be under Rs. 20,000 for the basic model – 16GB with Wi-Fi.
Size does matter, finally Apple inc have realized it and you can see that in the iPad Mini though its sill above the average 7 inch sized tablets. It is much easier to operate the mini, carry around and weighs just around 308 grams. The iPad Mini is 7.2 mm thin.
Apple made sure that inspite of the reduced size, users get the same experience as they have on the iPad 2. For this reason the Mini also comes powered by Apple A5 chip with the same resolution as on the iPad 2.
In about 2 days the mini can be pre-booked in selected countries (unfortunately India is not in the list). But we expect it to hit the stores next month or in December. The starting price is $329 which is approx 17,700 in India.
The iPad Mini price in India could be around 20K for the basic version.
Apple iPad Mini Key features and specifications
- Powered by dual core A5 processor.
- 7.9 inch LED backlit IPS screen with multi touch support and fingerprint resistive coating. The supported resolution is 1024×768 pixels (163ppi).
- Storage options: 16 / 32 / 64 GB.
- Wi-Fi, (Optional 3G / 4G – [Nano-SIM]), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with GLONASS (only on 3G/4G models) and 3.5mm stereo jack.
- 5 MP rear and front 1.2 MP camera (with face detection). 1080p HD video recording supported.
- Sensors: Gyro, Accelerometer, light and Digital Compass.
- Built in Li-po battery gives approx 10 hours of web surfing via Wi-Fi, music and video playback.
- Expected price range starting from around Rs. 20K to 45K onwards.