Any new mobile phone that comes into the market grabs a lot of attention. There is no doubt that Samsung Galaxy S2 is the most awaited smartphone in India. The Galaxy S2 is expected to be in the Indian markets by May 2011.
Samsung Galaxy S2 will be featuring the latest Android 2.3 operating system also known as the Gingerbread OS. Galaxy S2 has a lot of WOW factors starting with Gingerbread, of course. The Samsung S2 is expected to be powered by the Dual-core 1 GHz Samsung Orion processor however rumours say it may come with the 1.2 GHz processor. It is still not clear which processor the Samsung Galaxy S2 will feature.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Features
- Android 2.3 also called Gingerbread.
- 8 mega pixel camera that supports full HD recording at 1080p. The camera supports smile detection; touch focus and Geo-tagging. The Galaxy S2 also has a secondary camera for video chat.
- 1 GHz ( or 1.2 GHz need to confirm this) Dual Core processor.
- 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Screen supporting a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels with 16M colours. The AMOLED Screen makes it easier to view the display even in direct sunlight.
- The Samsung S2 does have a Stereo FM radio with RDS to keep you entertained.
- The phone supports 3G and other connectivity options are EDGE, GPRS, Wi-Fi, USB and the latest Bluetooth 3.0.
- The Galaxy S2 from Samsung comes with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB of Storage space in case you want more storage you can use microSD / microSDHC card up to 32 GB.
- Build in GPS with A-GPS support.
- The Android OS itself comes with access to thousand of Android applications that can be downloaded from the android market place as required such as social networking, document editor etc.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Price in India
The actual cost of the Samsung S2 will be revealed once the product is launched. But if rumours are to be believed it may be priced between Rs. 28,000 to Rs. 35,000.