BSNL has now tied up with WishTel to bring forth a 3G tablet for a price of Rs. 10,500. The tablet called IRA ICON will be powered by a 1.2 GHz processor with 1GB RAM, comes with dual cameras, ICS OS and inbuilt SIM slot.
After moving along with Pantel for quite some time, BSNL will now join hands with Wishtel. Sadly the booking / buying process for IRA Icon 3G is the same as followed by Pantel. There is no option to buy the tab online directly by making payments through credit card. Instead you need to fill in the form, submit and then wait for a response.
However there is the Mode of Payment option with COD (Cash on Delivery) facility, the other options are bank cheque deposit and bank cash deposit. I wonder why these companies though renowned (through BSNL partnership) shy away from giving the credit card option.
You know the chance of getting a full refund from a disputed transaction is much higher when the transaction is made using a credit card. The delivery process I guess will take its own sweet time, just like with Pantel and Aakash tablets, and consumers will be at the mercy of BSNL – WishTel in this case.
BSNL WishTel IRA ICON 3G SIM tablet key features and specifications
- 1.2 GHz CPU with 1GB RAM and 4Gigs of internal storage.
- OS: Android 4.0 (ICS).
- 7 inch capacitive touchscreen with Multi Touch with 800×480 pixels resolution.
- Built in Mic, Stereo Speaker, 0.3MP front camera and 2MP rear camera.
- Built in 3G SIM slot (supports video calling), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, G-Sensor, mini USB and 3.5mm Audio port. (There is no HDMI port – needs confirmation). There is no built in GPS.
- The tab is 14.5mm thick.
- Available in Black and White colours, weight is around 400 grams.
- A 4000 mAh battery gives a usage time of about 3 to 4 hours.
- Price Rs. 10,500
The IRA Icon 3G tab will also come with BSNL offers where in users can avail free 2G/3G data usage for a period of 60 days.