From Micromax FTP you can keep track of software updates, download and install when needed. MMX has come up with V2 ROM version for Micromax A110 which is ICS (Android 4.0) but with certain improved features.
The V2 ROM will fix the dial pad issue, I am not sure what that is, cause I am using the A110 and did not face any issue with the dial pad. Another interesting change is the SD card space allocation that has been changed from 2GB to 1GB and 1GB is now assigned for internal storage, instead of 503MB as on my A110 handset.
Also note that new A110 handsets that are now being shipped come loaded with the V2 ROM. To upgrade this ROM just head on to their FTP site.
** Sorry the link is removed as requested by Micromax **
Please follow the same lower / upper case for user / password as mentioned above. The file size is 236 MB and by the time it gets downloaded, check if battery % is over 50 percent, if not keep it on charger.
Before you proceed do note that this process will flash the ROM and all data on the device will be lost, so take a backup if need. I usually store all data on SD card and my contacts / calendar are always synchronized with Gmail and hence I am never worried about losing the data.
If it’s too much for you, you can always visit the Micromax service center and let them update your handset.
What you will need!
- Visit the FTP site, enter the A110 -> SW version -> V206121 folder and download the rar file. It’s around 250 MB. Once it is downloaded unrar it and put the folder in a directory say c:/MMXA110/update/ on your PC.
- No go to A110 -> Download Tool -> and download the SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1220.01.zip once downloaded unzip it in the folder say c:/MMXA110/update/.
- Now you will have 2 folder
in the c:/MMXA110/update/ directory. One is the ROM update and the other is the tool that will update the handset.
Now you need the drivers that will detect the handset (this is a different one). For this you can visit the A110 -> Drivers and download the exe file. Or you can connect the phone to PC and you will find the drivers. Or download this file http://mediafire.com/?3q8rhlp4ws9053o (this driver file on mediafire worked for me).
I am using Windows 8 64 bit and had trouble installing the driver (Unsigned driver issue). For Windows 8 users with same issue you can try the following. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1931088
Okay now for the flashing process. It’s very simple. But make sure not to disconnect the phone or switch off the PC etc until the whole process is over, as that might damage the OS and could brick the handset. So proceed at your own risk, I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong.
How to flash Micromax A110 with new ROM (V2)
- Switch off the phone completely.
- Enter the directory where you have placed all the files example c:/MMXA110/update/.
- Now use the flash tool, enter the SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1220.01 directory and double click the flash_tool.exe.
- When the program starts the download agent link will already be there all you need to do is add the scatter-loading file. Click scatter loading button and then look for the file MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc in the S9081_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16__flasher_user directory.
- Once done just click the download button (next to firmware upgrade) and then connect the switched off phone to the PC. Assuming that the drivers have installed properly the upgrade process will start.
- Do not unplug / disconnect / abort the process unless you see the OK message.
- It will take few minutes for the process to complete, once done disconnect the USB and start the phone.
It will take a little longer to start for the first time and you will see the superfone logo for a little longer time, it is normal. Once the phone starts just go to settings and check the storage you should see the total app space now increased from 503 to 1.4GB with 1.05 GB as internal storage.
What’s new in this update
- The app space has been increased (Approx 1.4GB).
- RAM around 200 to 230 MB free.
- Now when you choose SD card as default storage it installs new apps on the internal storage, but you can move it later on to the external SD storage (if applicable).
- LED Flash looks brighter now, still no good with low light photography.
- I tried GPS and it works did not notice much difference. The lock took less than 15 seconds, as it was before. I tried from two different locations and both time got a lock within 15 to 30 seconds.
- Did not find any noticeable difference in performance: Quadrant score(2565), Antutu score (6173 pretty good).
- I tried installing the Modern Combat 3 Game (1.3 GB) and it did install directly on my external SD card .
By (Updated: December 17, 2012)
Subscribe Now and get Free updates
Direct to your Email (Daily Digest or as and when a new post is added) or via RSS.