Umi a known brand in China will soon start selling their low cost Umi X1 dual core and Umi X2 quad core handsets in India. These handsets are expected to hit the markets this February.
The Umi X2 quad core details are not known and as for the Umi X1 it’s the MTK6577 dual core processor with PowerVR Ultra SGX 531 GPU. The handset supports 3G and runs on the Jelly Bean OS with 1GB RAM and 4GB internal storage.
The display screen is 4.5 inches with AGC Tempered Glass with resolution of 1280×720 pixels with 16M colours (326 PPI). Like the other MediaTek handsets this one too comes with 8MP rear camera with LED flash and a better front camera of 2MP resolution.
Umi X1 is a dual SIM handset with Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Micro USB and 3.5mm jack. There is another handset available called the Wammy Sensation handset with the same 1280×720 pixel resolution. The price details are not known yet. Karbonn S1 Titanium – a quad core handset is selling for under Rs. 11,000 so it will be interesting to see if the new brands can come with competitive pricing or unique features.
Umi X1 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- 1GHz Cortex A9 MediaTek 6577 dual core processor with PowerVR SGX 531 ultra GPU.
- Android Jelly Bean OS.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage and micro SD card slot.
- 4.5 inch IPS screen with 1280×720 pixels resolution (16M colours – 326ppi).
- Handset weighs 145 grams and is 8.5 mm thick.
- 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio jack and micro USB port.
- 8MP rear Auto Focus camera with LED flash and a front 2MP camera with video call support.
- Light, Proximity and G-sensors.
- 1750 mAh battery.
- Available in Black, pink and white colours. (Website :-
Price for India market will be 9999/- for Umi X1 and Quadcore Umi X2 12,000/- approx and initially will be sold online and then through retail network.