As anticipated the Sony Xperia Play users will now be able to upgrade to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread OS. The updates have already started rolling out on Sony Ericsson Play and on Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. The Gingerbread update also includes some new features.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play handset comes with a 5 megapixel camera but the users were able to shoot only in standard mode, after the upgrade they will be able to shoot videos in HD mode at 720p resolution thus enhancing the handset capabilities.
Here is the list of features that will be added to Xperia Play and Xperia Arc handsets after the upgrade.
- Video chat in Gtalk now enabled and users can make use of the front facing camera.
- Discover and share features added to Facebook.
- You will be able to grab the screen shot from within any application.
- Swipe Text input added that will enable users to use the swipe method for faster and accurate typing.
- You can record videos in 720p resolution.
How to upgrade Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, Ericsson Xperia Arc to Android 2.3.4
Sony will send all its Xperia owners instructions on how to upgrade over the air. You can use the 3G or the Wi-Fi network. You can also use the PC companion software to download and install the updates using your computer.
Subscribe Now and get Free updates
Direct to your Email (Daily Digest or as and when a new post is added) or via RSS.