NXG Xtab A9 plus sports a 7 inch IPS screen with 1024×600 pixels resolution. It comes powered by a 1.2 GHz single core cortex A9 processor with 1GB RAM running on ICS OS for a price of Rs. 6,990.
The A9 plus tab is just 8.5mm thick with a weight of 280 grams. The tab also comes coupled with Mail 400 GPU. The dual core tabs as well as the quad core tabs are already making wave in the Indian market and the price is really good.
The A9 plus probably is the slimiest tab as compared to other single core low cost tablet like Micromax Funbook etc. This tab comes with 8GB internal storage and also supports micro SD card up to 32GB.
There is a 2MP rear camera and a front 0.3MP camera that can be used of video chatting. Other features included are Wi-Fi-, external 3G dongle support, micro USB, HDMI and 3.5 mm audio jack. The 3600 mAh battery provides a backup time of about 4 hours.
NXG Xtab A9 plus key features and specifications
- Single core cortex A9 (WonderMedia 8850 chipset) clocked at 1.2GHz with Mali 400 GPU.
- Android 4.0.3 (ICS) OS.
- 7 inch IPS capacitive touchscreen with 1024×600 pixels resolution and 5 point multi touch.
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage and micro SD slot.
- 280 grams weight with dimensions- 184.2×120.6×8.5mm.
- 2MP rear and VGA front camera.
- External 3G via USB dongle, Wi-Fi (hotspot), Mini HDMI, Full HD playback, Micro USB and 3.5mm jack.
- 3600 mAh battery with approx 4 hours of continuous usage.
- Price Rs. 6,990. (NGX website)
VeeDee E10 with nearly the same specifications is now selling for Rs. 5990. However this E10 is 10.5mm thick.