Motorola has announced their budget friendly android powered handset called the Motorola Motosmart. This 600MHz powered phone with Android 2.3 is likely to be priced under Rs. 10,000.
This pocket friendly smartphone is expected to hit the markets in coming months. The handset sports a 3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen display with a good resolution of 320×480 pixels. Since this is a budget phone it come with 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM along with internal memory of just 165MB for storing apps, this is more than sufficient for many users. In fact all budget phones come with 100 to 200 MB of storage space and require a microSD card.
The Motorola Motosmart handset is 11.2 mm thin and weighs about 115 grams. It has all the basic features like Wi-Fi, USB, 3.5mm jack, GPS, 3G and 2G support. There is a 3MP camera which is of fixed focus, the quality may not be that impressive.
Social networking apps come preloaded along with Google services and access to Google Play. A 1400 mAh battery keeps the handset going for almost up to 20 days. The talktime is 6 to 8 hours.
Motorola Motosmart – launch date and price tag is unknown. The price tag is expected to be under Rs. 10,000 with 1 year warranty.
Motorola Motosmart key features
- 600 MHz CPU with Android Gingerbread 2.3 OS, Single SIM.
- 3.5 inch touchscreen with 320×480 pixels resolution.
- RAM=512MB, ROM=512MB and Internal Storage=165MB.
- Rear Camera 3MP fixed focus with 4x digital zoom.
- 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, Multi format media player, Bluetooth, USB, GPS, 3.5mm jack, microSD card slot (32GB) and SNS ready.
- Li-ion 1400 mAh battery Talktime=6-8 hours, Standby: 500 to 550 hours.
- Sensors: Proximity, Accelerometer and Light sensors.
After the Karbonn A24 announcement these handsets seems to have no value. The price tag here will play an important role. There are many other brands with better features and more computing power, we will have to see at what price this handset hits the Indian markets.
Subscribe Now and get Free updates
Direct to your Email (Daily Digest or as and when a new post is added) or via RSS.