New mobile handsets are flooding the markets almost every month and on an average about 75% of the mobile users will change their handset within 1 or 2 years, even when their old handset is in excellent working condition. The second hand mobile market is doing very well mainly because of constant upgrades happening almost every year.
Even though there is a vast second hand market the mobile owners usually do not get a good price for their old handset. The mobile users are always desperate to buy a new handset that comes with new features and in a bid to own it they even sell off their old phones at a throw away price. The same mobile is then sold off by the seller at a much higher price.
When you are planning to buy a new mobile phone make sure you have all the money and not depended on the small amount that you expect from your old mobile handset. Remember if you want to get a good bargain you need time, as the saying goes “Time is money”.
Here are some of the tips that will help you get a good bargain on your old handset
- Always check with two or more local mobile shops. Compare the price they are ready to offer for your old handset and then make a decision.
- Once you know the price that shops are offering you can try and sell the old handset with the Phone shop from where you are planning to buy a new handset. Most probably the phone shops will buy it and offer discount on the new handset, but as per my experience you get a lower price when you do so.
- Using the internet to sell old handset is just a waste of time. Just ask yourself this question would you buy a second hand mobile handset without checking if all the features are really working?
- Before you sell your old handset the shop owners or buyer will check if phone is in good workable condition and this process usually takes few minutes.
- Never leave your phone with unknown Shop Owner / Buyer.
- If there is any problem with your handset say for example the mobile reboots once in a day, it will be better if you fix the issue or let the Shop Owner / Buyer know in advance.
The price of second hand mobile handset depends on the market and the new models that are being launched. If the age of your mobile handset is less you can expect a good price.