Another 1GHz powered Micromax A54 also called Smarty 3.5 for its 3.5 inch screen running on Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread) shows off on the Micromax website. The price details are not known but I believe it will be under Rs. 5K.
Micromax A116 with quad core processor will be launched within few weeks and for this reason we are seeing so many new outdated handsets being launched, silently. The full specifications of Smarty 3.5 are not yet updated on the Micromax website.
What we know for now is that the Smarty A54 comes with single core 1GHz processor. Probably with 256MB RAM and 202MB internal storage with micro SD support. The handset looks good with 3 touch sensitive buttons on the front side. For connectivity there is Wi-Fi, Bluetooth. Being a low cost handset I doubt if it will support built in GPS receiver. The handset does support the 3G network (you can see the 3G logo in the image below on the phone).
There is a 3MP rear camera without LED flash support. Videos can be recorded. The A54 comes with 1300 mAh battery that is sufficient for the hardware / OS and you can expect a talktime of about 4 hours and standby time of around 170 hours.
A54 – Another low cost dual SIM handset with outdated hardware and OS but with a price tag of under Rs. 5K.
Micromax A54 key features and specifications
- 1GHz Qualcomm 7225AA processor.
- Dual SIM running Android 2.3.5 OS.
- 3.5 inch touchscreen with HVGA resolution (480×320 pixels with 262k colours).
- 256MB RAM, 130MB internal storage and micro SD support.
- 3MP rear camera, fixed focus with video recording of 640×480 pixels. There is no LED flash.
- Sensors: Proximity and G-sensors.
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS, 3.5mm jack and micro USB port.
- 1300 mAh battery with 170 hours standby and 4 hours talktime.
Subscribe Now and get Free updates
Direct to your Email (Daily Digest or as and when a new post is added) or via RSS.