Lava international has now launched the Lava Iris 501 a dual core handset with a 5 inch screen running on Android ICS OS. The handset supports dual SIM with 3G / video calling and comes with an extra back cover. The handset is priced at Rs. 9,999.
The Lava Iris 501 sports a 5 inch WVGA capacitive screen (800×480 pixels) running on a 1GHz dual core processor. 501 is loaded with Android 4.0.4 OS (ICS). The handset is 10.5mm thick. The RAM is 512MB with 2GB internal storage.
The lava 501 has got a curvy look with 3 touch sensitive buttons on the front side. It supports dual SIM and has a front camera (0.3 MP) for video calling. There is a rear 5MP auto focus camera with LED flash. This smartphone supports 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, comes with built in GPS, FM radio, micro USB port and 3.5 mm jack. The phone also comes with proximity, light, GSensor and Magnetic sensors.
This 5 inch phone comes with 2300 mAh battery that should give a really good talktime and standby time. The price will be the key factor. The hardware is nothing new there are already a good number of smartphones with 5 inch screen available in the market.
Lava Iris 501 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM.
- 1GHz dual core CPU / GPU unknown.
- ICS OS.
- 5 inch screen with 800×480 pixels resolution.
- 512MB RAM, 2GB internal storage and micro SD card support.
- 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack and micro USB port.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope Ambient Light and Proximity sensor.
- Free stuffs : Extra Hard Back Cover, 4GB memory card.
- Special Preinstall apps: Saavn, Asphalt HD Game and Hike.
- Price Rs. 9,999 available online and will be in stores by this weekend.