Gionee GPad G2 is another quad core handset launched by Gionee in India. The quad core G2 is an upgraded version of its predecessor the dual core Gionee GPad G1. The handset sports a 5.3 inch screen with quad core processor running on Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OS.
The GPad G1 is priced at approx Rs. 10,490. The price details of GPad G2 have not yet been disclosed by taking clue from the specifications it could be priced at under Rs. 15,000. The Gionee GPad G2 sports a 5.3 inch screen with 960×540 pixels resolution. It is powered by MT6589 quad core processor @ 1.2GHz with PowerVR SGX 544 GPU. The handset runs on the Android 4.1.1 OS with 1GB RAM and 16GB storage.
The qHD resolution is disappointing I would have expected more, however the 16GB storage is pretty good. There is an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and front 2MP camera. The camera I believe can record in full HD resolution.
Other features included are 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack. A 3000 mAh battery powers up the G2 handset. The handset will be available in two colors and will hit the markets in May 2013. Stay tuned for more on the G2.
Gionee GPad G2 key features and specifications
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby.
- Quad core @ 1.2GHz MTK6589 + PowerVR SGX 544.
- 5.3 inch capacitive touchscreen with qHD – 960×540 pixels resolution. Free screen guard.
- Android 4.1.1.
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and micro SD slot support of up to 32GB.
- 8MP AF rear camera with LED flash + 2MP front camera. Full HD recording supported.
- 3G, Wi-Fi (b/g/n), GPS, Bluetooth 4, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio and micro USB.
- Free Flip leather case.
- 3000 mAh battery with over a day of moderate usage.
Thank you for the tip – Deepak Navangule