Now it is even easier to delete Google account (secondary accounts) on any smartphone running Android 2.3 and above without a factory reset. I had already covered an article on how to to delete the Google account on android handset, which in fact was a different method that worked best on older version.
The primary gmail account, the one that you entered when you started the phone for the first time, cannot be removed as it is linked with Google Services. The reason why this account cannot be removed is because all paid or free apps that are downloaded are associated with primary account and for security reasons these apps cannot be transferred to another account. The only way to completely remove the primary account is to do a factory reset.
How to delete Google Account (Secondary accounts) from Android 2.3 / 4.0 (ICS) without a factory reset?
Note : You can only delete the secondary accounts. Primary accounts are associated with the handset / Google services and can only be removed via the factory reset.
So How to Delete Gmail account on Android? You can try this option on Android 2.3 and above. On some phone you will get the remove button option while on others you may need to tap the context menu button to get it. Using this method you can delete Gmail, Facebook or any other account associated with the Android device.
- Go to settings -> Accounts and Sync.
- In Accounts and Sync you will see all your Gmail accounts listed.
- Tap the account your want to remove.
- You will then see several SYNC options for contacts, Gmail etc, and at the bottom you will find the remove account button.
- The remove account button is visible on Android 2.3, but on ICS you may need to tap the context menu option to show up the remove account option.
Check out the video on how to delete Google account.
Subscribe Now and get Free updates
Direct to your Email (Daily Digest or as and when a new post is added) or via RSS.