Motorola Defy Mini (dual SIM) is now available in India for under Rs. 11,500. The Defy Mini runs on Android 2.3 and comes with added protection; it’s water resistant and dust proof, perfect for Indian environment.
The price tag seems a bit high for that extra bit of protection especially when you know that the handset comes powered by a 600 MHz processor. An 800 MHz would have been better. The display resolution is really good at 480×320 pixels with 256K colours covered with a scratch resistant Gorilla Glass.
The Android 2.3 OS runs the show with a 3 MP rear and 0.3 MP front camera. Sadly the primary camera is fixed focus. No matter what the camera resolution may be, but a fixed focus option will lower the capture quality.
The Motorola Defy Mini is 12.6 mm thin and weighs about 107 grams. This Motorola Defy handset houses 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM plus support for additional external storage of up to 32GB. Other common features are 3G / 2G support, GPS, Wi-Fi, DLNA and Bluetooth. On the back side there is a special lock that seals the handset and makes it water resistant. To remove the back cover you need to unlock and then open the cover.
There if FM radio, Music / Video player that supports MP3, MP3, WMV files and more. You can use MP3 or WAV files as ringtones. And you definitely get access to Google play. Motorola Defy Mini price is Rs. 11,290 with 1 year warranty.
Motorola Defy Mini Key features
- 600 MHz CPU, 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM).
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
- 3.2 inch capacitive touchscreen (Gorilla Glass) with 480×320 pixels resolution.
- 3MP Fixed focus rear camera with LED flash and VGA front camera. Video recording, Geo-tagging supported.
- Other: Wi-Fi, 3G, Micro USB, GPS, 3.5mm jack, DLNA, GPRS, EDGE, FM, Multi format media player, Accelerometer, proximity and digital compass.
- 1650 mAh Li-ion battery Talktime: 8 hours | Standby Time: over a week.
- Main Highlight = Dust proof and water resistant.
Motorola Defy Mini Review
The only advantage I see is the dust and water protection. A 600 MHz processor is too low for this price. The camera again is of fixed focus and hence the quality will not be that good. The internal memory is around 150 MB free for apps. The price I feel is too high and now we have brands like Karbonn that are coming up with killer features at par with high end phone for the same price (not dust & water proof).