Just about anyone can become a blogger but not everyone can make a lot of money from blogging. Making money from your blog is a slow process that required dedication and hard work. Remember slow and steady always wins the race.
I have listed 21 steps that will get your blog more traffic and in turn help you make more revenue.
- Write at least one article daily. The more you write the better.
- Make sure your content is original and related to your blog.
- Highlight specific keywords using <b> or <strong> tags on the content page.
- Use keywords in title, description and first paragraph of your content.
- Manually link keywords / phrases to related internal page on your site.
- Write on current topics (Something that people may be interested in).
- An image speaks a thousand words but it helps adding the alt text, at least for the sake of Google.
- Research keywords.
- If you are using WordPress, use a good theme that is SEO optimized.
- Offer visitors email and full RSS subscription options.
- Comment on other related popular blogs that provides link back to your site.
- Make sure comment’s on your blog go through moderation before making it live, so as to keep spam content out.
- Use fewer ads and if possible keep the content area free from ads, so that the user can easily read the content without any distraction.
- Show Social Networking buttons such as Facebook, Stumble-upon, Digg, Twitter etc so if a user finds the article interesting they can easily share on their preferred network. Sometimes social networking can get you a hell lot of traffic.
- Keep your sitemap updated and make use of webmaster tools to check for error and when found, correct them.
- Look out for those 404 errors, fix them.
- Do not buy or sell links.
- Write guest articles that can be posted on other blogs or you can submit it to ezinearticles.
- Keep a watch on your hosting server and make sure that your site is up 99% of the time. If too much traffic go for a dedicated hosting or VPS (Virtual Private Servers).
- Write content for users and not for search engine (avoid too much keyword stuffing).
- Go To 1.
By (Updated: December 7, 2011)
Subscribe Now and get Free updates
Direct to your Email (Daily Digest or as and when a new post is added) or via RSS.